Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gymnastics

Gymnastics has been a hobby and passion of mine since I was a kid. Most people find outlets in life to keep them busy and happy. Gymnastics has done so much more than that for me. I have turned it into a job. So now...not only do i get paid to teach girls to flip, I stay in shape doing what I love. I work with about 15 other employees at the Gymnastics Academy of Atlanta, which is extremely small for a company. About a month ago I had quite a traumatic experience while coaching. One of my gymnast's, Rhyan, was dismounting off the high beam and broke her arm! She was rushed to the hospital for surgery and casting. I thought I would never coach again! This little girl faced her fear and has been showing up to practice, cast and all! Seeing that much courage in Rhyan has motivated me to never give up. With a full school load, work, financial stress and juggling a social life I just have to take a deep breathe and keep moving. With the start of a new semester and our struggling economy I know I'm not alone when it comes to stress. Has anyone recently had an experience that has motivated them?

No comments:

Post a Comment